Saturday, October 1, 2011

Journal 9: American Food

   When I first time arrived at America 6 months ago, there were two things I could not endure. The first one was American food. The second one is California public transportation. Every day I ate the hamburgers, bread, pizzas, raw vegetable salad. In addition to those, I drunk cola ,juice and coffee. It is difficult for me to find a soup here on the dinner table, compared with soup in my every dinner fare in China. I was crazed about that. At that time , I don't want to hear about "Let's go eat American", and I made a dream that I went to enjoy the Chinese food with my friends. There were SiChuan hotpot and fish hotpot. I was so aborbed in that dish in my dream. With staying longer in California, I was surprised to find many different kinds of food here except traditional American in my mentality. I have visited some specific restaurants, such as "Little sheep hotpot", Sichun Restaurant and Chinese DongBei Restaurant. And now I begin to like pizza and hamburger and salad, but it refers to fruit salad.

2 comments:

  1. I love hotpot, delicious!!!!!!!!do you know there is xiao fei yang in Rowland Heights.

    ReplyDelete