Sunday, September 25, 2011

Journal 8: Optimistic Quote

   Winston Churchill, the former Prime Minister of the UK and Nobel Prize in literature, said "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." This quote is used to explain how people perceive the same event and situation. One can not simply interpret one's reality, and should see two sides of one thing, and pose a positive attitude to it. Another example of pessimism and optimism is the question "Is the glass half empty or half full?". This philosophical question indicate that a particular situation could be a cause for optimism (half full) or pessimism (half empty). I choose the optimism in many cases in spite of sometimes choice of the pessimism. For instance, it is the optimistm to support me to keep studying English  for so long time. I wish I can pass TOFEL test next time. haha.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you can pass the TOEFL test, best wishes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feeling. TOEFL always makes me negatively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toefl Toefl, really tired about it so u r such a optimist person. Good luck

    ReplyDelete