Thursday, September 1, 2011

Journal 2: Getting Around in California

    Studying in California, I am confronting two main challenge. One is English, especially the slang. The other one is the transportation. I lived in the Imperia Boulevard when I just came to California. There isn't a straight bus line to CSUF from where I lived. Every morning I took my bike and then put my heavy bike on the bus. And then I took 25 minutes bus to the campus. Totally I spent nearly 1 hour on the way. Unbelievably if driving, it just took 15 minutes. It just like an ant walking with a cat. The public traffic system is like a baby. I want it will grow up. Because the students and senior people here are urge to take a perfect bus line to anywhere they want to be. Undoubtedly, the freeway benefits many people who drive cars. However, with the higher price in gas, some people are forced to drive because of poor public transportation.


2 comments:

  1. Haha -- I really like your simile: "it's like an ant walking with a cat". Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, the public transportation is so poor.

    ReplyDelete